NuffnangX

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Green Lantern (2011)


In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!
—Hal Jordan/Many Current Lanterns

This week Cinemas will be full with Green Lantern's fans. Another movie based on comic's story. Thanks to NuffnangMY I don't need to queue up to watch the movie, because they invited me to the premiere last night.

The Awesome Tickets

Official Green Lantern's synopsis:
In a universe as vast as it is mysterious, a small but powerful force has existed for centuries. Protectors of peace and justice, they are called the Green Lantern Corps.  A brotherhood of warriors sworn to keep intergalactic order, each Green Lantern wears a ring that grants him superpowers. But when a new enemy called Parallax threatens to destroy the balance of power in the Universe, their fate and the fate of Earth lie in the hands of their newest recruit, the first human ever selected: Hal Jordan. 

Hal is a gifted and cocky test pilot, but the Green Lanterns have little respect for humans, who have never harnessed the infinite powers of the ring before. But Hal is clearly the missing piece to the puzzle, and along with his determination and willpower, he has one thing no member of the Corps has ever had: humanity. With the encouragement of fellow pilot and childhood sweetheart Carol Ferris.  If Hal can quickly master his new powers and find the courage to overcome his fears, he may prove to be not only the key to defeating Parallax…he will become the greatest Green Lantern of all.


No spoiler, because the movie is easy to catch. Like any other super heroes' movie... handsome hero, defeats a bad, ugly enemy, and win the heart of beautiful girl :)


Two things I love from the movie:
1. The power of the ring. All you need to do is just imagine, and the ring will make it come true. Like a genie in the bottle, only this one is fastest. 

2. The lesson of life I can get from the movie.
Hal Jordan: "No matter how bad things get, something good is out there, just over the horizon…"
 and..
Hal Jordan: "The one thing a Green Lantern is supposed to be is fearless. That isn’t me…"
Carol Ferris: "You have the ability to overcome fear!"

We all do have ability to overcome fear. Sometimes, I feel so afraid on something and just run away. I feel so weak, and give a reason even to myself that "I'm just a human." Sometimes, we forgot... that God has given us power (I'm not sure what color is it) so we could be a super hero in our lives. Green Lantern reminds me of that. =)


Hall Jordan & Carol Ferris

Honestly, in spite of sexy Blake Lively or handsome Ryan Reynolds, this movie is worth to watch. There's some outrageous no-make-sense scene, but this is a movie. To cheer us up, entertain, and if you're lucky enough, you can catch the lesson beneath it.

After collecting the tickets, I went to have my dinner and incredibly satisfied with my medium lamb chop from Tony Roma's. Here's a picture to share.

sharing is caring =)

Enjoy your movie, and thanks again Nuffnang Malaysia =))

Love ya,
<3







No comments:

Post a Comment